教員紹介 インネッラ ジョバンニ
Giovanni is a designer, design educator and critic who has experience in product, service/interaction design, as well as conceptual design, exploring the boundaries of design and art. Recently he has been involved in curatorship projects in Europe and Asia.
- Bachelor in Industrial Design
- Master in Conceptual Design (MDes)
- Doctorate in Design Theory and Critique (PhD)
- Partner of the Interaction Design Lab (2006-2011)
- Founder and Principal of Giovanni Innella design studio (2008-present)
- Senior Researcher at Madeira Interactive Technology Institute (2009-2010)
- Research Assistant at Northumbria University (2013-2014)
- Assistant Professor at Chiba University (2015-2016)
DESIGN [RE] THINKING、イノベーションデザイン特別演習1・2（分担）
- Tutoring of 2 PBLs (Yoshida sensei, Kunisawa sensei). I joined only partially to Maeda PBL
- Evaluation of students
- Conducting course “Design [RE]Thinking in 4Q
- Providing individual feedback to students at the end of Q2 and Q4
- Helping final presentation
- Organizing and taking students to GLOBAL PBL in Scotland
- Organizing and leading students to GLOBAL PBL in Tokyo
Design Research Methods、Product design、craftsmanship
Design Research Methods, Conceptual Design, Product Design, Service Design, Design Critique, Design Curatorship, Craftsmanship
- Jewelry piece “Yours” acquired by Stedelijk Museum ’s-Hertogenbosch permanent collection
List of Exhibitions and Performances:
- GeoMerce at Broken Nature, La Triennale Design Museum, Milan, Italy (2018). Group exhibition.
- -162ºC Trading power at FireStation Gallery, Doha, Qatar (2019). Collaborative show with VCUart Qatar.
- -162ºC Trading power at WK gallery, Tokyo, Japan (2019). Collaborative show with VCUart Qatar.
- Dowry at DESIGNART, Tokyo, Japan (2019). Solo exhibition.
- Design and Its Double (Scarf) at Storie. Il Design Italiano, La Triennale Design Museum, Milan, Italy (2018). Group exhibition.
- Design and Its Double at Ayumi Gallery CAVE, Tokyo, Japan (2017). Solo exhibition.
- The Life Fair. New Body Products at Het Niewuwe Instituut, Rotterdam, NL(2016). Curatorship with Agata Jaworska.
- Domestic Affairs at the Firestation, Doha, Qatar (2016). Curatorship with Agata Jaworska.
- Domestic Affairs at 6th Bi-City Biennale of Urbanism \Architecture, Shenzhen, China (2015). Curatorship with Agata Jaworska.
- TransActing: A Market of Values at Chealse College of Art, London, UK (2015). With Tal Drori.
- GeoMerce at Fuorisalone, Milano, IT (2015). With Gionata Gatto.
- Domestic Affairs at Passagen, Koln, DE (2015). Curatorship with Agata Jaworska.
- Phenomenal at Museo Madre of Naples, IT (2015). Curatorship with Agata Jaworska.
- Design Destinations at MAXXI of Rome, IT (2014). “The Moneychanger” installation exhibited. With Tal Drori.
- Coming Soon at Netherlands Architecture Institute, Maastricht, NL (2014). Curatorship with Lukas Feireiss, Lara Schrijver, Agata Jaworska, Piet Vollaard, Roosje Klap, Saskia van Stein
- Chi Ha Paura Retrospective at Vicenzaoro, Vicenza, IT (2011).
- Body Stories at Stedelijk Museum, ‘s-Hertogenbosch, NL (2011).
- Predictions at International Design Biennale of Saint-Etienne, FR (2010).
- Progetto Invisibile at Cultural Centre Old Pallouriotissa Market, Nicosia, Cyprus (2009).
- Design that Thinks in Lecce, IT (2009). Curatorship with Agata Jaworska.
- NL=New Luxury at Netherlands Architecture Institute, Maastricht, NL (2009).
- Dutchness at Fuorisalone, Milano, IT (2009).
- Design Academy Graduation Show at Dutch Design Week Eindhoven, NL (2008).
- Master Pieces at Droog Gallery, Amsterdam, NL (2008).
- The Making of Silicon Skins at Van Abbemuseum and Design Huis, Eindhoven (2008).
Selected Publications about Giovanni Innella:
- 2016, Phenomenology of Design, Domus web (article by Domitilla Dardi)
- 2016, Design Senza Designer, Editori Laterza (book by Chiara Alessi)
- 2016, Mondi Possibili. Appunti di Teoria del Design, Edizioni Temporale (book by Marco Petroni)
- 2015, Expo Soulfood, Flash Art #322 (article by Marco Petroni)
- 2015, Exercises in Political Design, Interni magazine #648 (article by Chiara Alessi)
- 2015, Geomerce, Domus web (article by Matteo Cremonini)
- 2014, Dopo gli Anni Zero - Il Nuovo Design Italiano, Editori Laterza (book by Chiara Alessi)
- 2014, Destinations and destinies of Italian design, Domus web (article by Chiara Alessi)
- 2014, In Movimento, Flash Art #314 (article by Marco Petroni)
- 2012, Design at the Mirror, Abitare web (article by Marco Petroni)
- 2011, Chi ha paura. Who’s afraid of contemporary jewellery? (Catalogue) Electa Italy
List of Academic Publications:
- Rodgers P.A., Bremner C., Innella G. (2019), The Lancaster Care Charter, Design Issues Volume 35 | Issue 1 | p.73-77.
- Petroni M., Innella G. (2019), Going Real. The Value of Design in the Postcapitalist Era, Vernon Press, New York. ISBN 978-1-62273-605-8
- Innella G., Rodgers P.A. (2018) Why We Need Engineers to Make Art, Design Research Society, Limerick 2018, (in the press)
- Innella G., Rodgers P.A. (2017) The Commodity of Trade in Contemporary Design, The Design Journal, 20:sup1, S647-S668
- Innella G., Rodgers P.A. (2017) Making Sense: Harnessing Communication through Prototyping, The Design Journal, 20:sup1, S1154-S1166.
- Rodgers P.A., Innella G., Bremner C. (2017) Paradoxes in Design Thinking, The Design Journal, 20:sup1, S4444-S4458.
- Innella G. et al. (2016) The Benefits Of Prototyping Early In Design Workshops, Bulletin of Japanese Society for the Science of Design Vol.63 No.4、Pages 4_21-4_28
- Innella G. (2014) The Commodity of Trade in Contemporary Design, PhD Thesis, Northumbria University, Newcastle upon Tyne.
- Innella G., Rodgers P. (2013) The Media Trade in Virtual Design, Fusion Journal 002.
- Hanna J., Jorge C., Nisi V., Nunes N., Caldeira M., Innella G., Marinho A. (2013) Island Stories: The Madeira Story Generator Project, New Writing: The International Journal for the Practice and Theory of Creative Writing, Routledge.
- doi: 10.1080/14790726.2013.854810
- Jorge C., Nisi V., Nunes N., Innella G., Caldeira M., Sousa D. (2013) Ambiguity in Design: An Airport Split-Flap Display Storytelling Installation, Proceedings of CHI 2013, Paris.
- doi: 10.1145/2468356.2468452
- Leitner M., Innella G., Yauner F. (2013) Different Perceptions of the Design Process in the Context of DesignArt, Design Studies Volume 34 Number 4, Elsevier.
- Innella G., Rodgers P.A., Spencer N. (2012) It Takes a Switch to Turn off the Spotlight, Design Philosophy Politics Journal.
- Innella G., Rodgers P.A., Spencer N., Bohemia E. (2011) Examining the Physical to Visual Shift in how We Now Experience Designed Objects, Proceedings of IASDR Conference 2011, Delft.
- ISBN: 978-94-6190-718-9
- Innella G., Papeschi F., Nisi V. (2011) The Participatory Technique of “Technology Probes”: a Case Study in Burkina Faso, Proceedings of Create11, London.
- Rodgers P., Tennant A., Yauner F., Innella G. (2011) Disruption for Good, Proceedings of Design History Society Annual Conference 2011: Design Activism and Social Change, Barcelona.
- Presented paper at DRS Limerick
- Published paper “The Lancaster Care Charter” on Design Issues (2nd author)
- Published Book chapter on “Design School: After Boundaries and Disciplines”, Vernon Press
- Made agreement to publish “Going Real” with Vernon Press
- Exhibited GeoMerce at Broken Nature (La Triennale Design Museum, Milano)
- Presented at Kyoto University (JP), “Social Fabrics. Dialogues on Craftsmanship and the Ethics of Design”
- Presented at TEDx Yokohama National University
- Helped AIIT faculty staff members with English proof read and editing
- Made exhibition with VCUarts Qatar in Nakameguro (WK gallery) and in Doha (FireStation)
- Exhibited at DesignArt Tokyo
- Supervised Associate Researcher Dr. Enza Migliore.
- Workshop “Storycatchers” in at Tasmeem, VCUarts Qatar
- Gave classes and workshops at Chiba University
- Presented and attended meetings at Thamassat University (Thailand) for AIIT
- Presented and attended meetings at several universities in Indonesia for AIIT
- Presented and attended meetings in several universities in Egypt for AIIT
- Organized and attended meetings in Vienna, Austria for Global PBL
- Book reviewer for Routledge (Taylor and Francis Group)